Pune Metro is a special project helmed by Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MahaMetro) and central government. The project was announced in 2009 and was launched in the year 2016. Presently, only two lines from Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) to Swargate and Vanaz to Ramwadi are operational. The Pune Metro is build with a total cost of Rs 11,400 crore. A third metro line planned between Garware College Station and Ruby Hall Clinic Station is expected to be inaugrated in 2023.
Pune Metro Highlights
|Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MahaMetro)
|Rapid Transit System
|Elevated and Underground
|PCMCSant Tukaram NagarVanazAnand NagarIdeal Colony
|No. of Coaches
|First Train: 08 amLast Train: 09 pm
|The civil court station
|Maximum Train Speed
Pune Metro Quick Facts
Read on to know the quick facts about the upcoming Pune Metro:
- The Pune Metro is a combined project between the Government of India and MAHA Metro which is a Special Purpose Vehicle
- Presently, there are three metro lines under the Pune Metro which is spread across an area of 54.45 km
- All the coaches of the Pune Metro are designed and constructed as per the Made in India policy. Out of all, 70% of the coaches are made of indigenous material
- Constructed using the aluminium metro, the coaches of Pune Metro are considered lightweight amongst other metros. Using aluminium as core metal makes the coaches 6.5% lighter, more durable and low on maintenance
- Pune metro is the home to an underground station which is great to save space. The subterranean segment passes through the city’s most crowded area
- Pune Metro comes under the energy-efficient metro lines in the city. The metro has installed 11.20MWp solar power panels that enable solar energy to light up
- In collaboration with DRDO Maha Metro has offered to construct an anaerobic biodigester technology for 100 per cent wastewater management. This ensures that there is zero discharge and proper water management
Pune Metro Route Map
Pune Metro was administered by MAHA Metro with the idea of improving the present infrastructure of the city. Presently, the purple line and red line are active on the Pune Metro line. Here is the detailed map for Pune Metro.
Pune Metro Station Fare
The minimum fare for the Pune Metro is Rs 10 and the maximum fare is Rs 20. The roundtrip fare for the Pune metro is Rs 30.
Pune Metro Smart Token
The Pune Metro is administered by Maha Metro which has developed a smart card to ease the payment process for the common man. As an alternative to the National Common Mobility card, Maha Metro has developed contactless smart cards. This can be used to pay bills related to buses, metros, parking, and other utilities.
Pune Metro Lines
Presently, two lines of the Pune metro both of which were constructed in 2016 are operational. The first metro line which is 16.58 km is operational from the PCMC building to SwarGate. Whereas, the second metro line spread across 14.66 km was operational from Vanaz and Ramwadi. The third metro line planned for 23.3 km is connected from Quadron to Civil Court and will become operational in 2023.
The government has also proposed two more metro lines. Line 3 shall be constructed from Shivaji Nagar to Kadamwakwasti. Whereas, the fourth metro line shall be operational from Swargate to Pul Gate. Here are the major stations that are covered in these three routes.
|Metro Line 1: PCMC building to SwarGate
|Metro Line 2: Vanaz and Ramwadi
|Metro Line 3: Quadron to Civil Court
|PCMCSant Tukaram NagarBhosari (Nashik Phata)KasarwadiPhugewadiDapodiBopodiKhadkiRange HillShivaji NagarCivil CourtBudhwar PethMandaiSwargate
|VanazAnand NagarIdeal ColonyNal StopGarware CollegeDeccan GymkhanaChhatrapati Sambhaji UdyanPMCCivil CourtMangalwar PethPune Railway StationRuby Hall ClinicBund GardenYerawadaKalyani NagarRamwadi
|QuadronInfosys Phase IIDöhlerWipro TechnologiesPall IndiaShivaji ChowkHinjawadiWakad ChowkBalewadi StadiumNICMARRamnagarLaxmi NagarBalewadi PhataBaner GaonBanerIndian Agricultural Research InstituteSakal NagarSavitribai Phule Pune UniversityReserve Bank of IndiaAgriculture CollegeShivaji NagarCivil Court
Pune Metro FAQs
- What is the timing of the Pune Metro Station?
Ans. Pune Metro Station is operational from 08 am to 09 pm.
- How many sub-stations are there in Pune Metro Station?
Ans. Presently, 10 substations are there in Pune Metro Station.
- What is the minimum fare of Pune Metro Station?
Ans. The minimum fare of Pune Metro Station is Rs 10 and the maximum fare is Rs 20.
- What funds the Pune Metro Station?
Ans. Pune metro station receives funds i.e. 10% from central government, 15% percent from the state and 60% from the civil organisations in Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad.
- Who owns the Pune Metro Station?
Ans. Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MahaMetro) owns the Pune Metro Station.