Delhi Metro is one of the oldest metros in the country. The metro line is the largest metro network in India and the eighth largest in the world. This metro line was inaugurated in the year 2002 and is managed and operated by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC). Presently, it has ten operational lines and a total length of 389 km. In this article, we have discussed the major amenities associated with Delhi Metro Station.
Delhi Metro Stations Highlights
|Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
|Patel ChowkHUDA City Centre (Yellow Line)INAHauz KhasMandi House
|14th November 2013
|Rajiv ChowkKashmere GateCentral SecretariatNew Delhi Railway Station
|First Train: 05.30 amLast Train: 11.30 pm
|Maximum Train Speed
|Total Route Length
Delhi Metro Stations Quick Facts
Here are some quick facts about the Delhi Metro Station:
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) manages and operates the Delhi Metro. DMRC is a joint partnership between NCT and Indian Government
- The Delhi Metro was launched in year 2002 and is one of the biggest and busiest metro stations in the country
- The first line of the Delhi Metro was the Red line that ran between Welcome Station and Tis Hazari Station
- Delhi Metro has a range of platforms and includes all kinds of Underground, elevated and ground level
- Presently, the metro stations have a total of ten operation routes and it covers 350 km
- The Delhi Metro has an everyday footfall equal to 47.34 lakhs and the ridership was equal to 10,000
- Apart from Delhi, the Delhi Metro offers services to NCR cities including
Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, Noida, Bahadurgarh and Faridabad
Delhi Metro Stations Route Map
You can check the Delhi Metro station route map in the section below:
Delhi Metro Stations Fare
Delhi Metro Station has a lot of substations and each of them has minimum and maximum fare. The minimum fare is Rs 10 and the highest fare is Rs 50. Several payment options like smart cards, tokens, tourist cards, and QR bases ticketing are applicable here. Check out the table below to know about the Delhi metro station fare:
|Delhi Metro Fare
|Monday to Saturday
|Sunday and National Holiday
|0 to 2 Km
|2 to 5 Km
|5 to 12 Km
|12 to 21 Km
|21 to 32 Km
|More than 32 Km
Delhi Metro Stations Metro Lines
The Delhi Metro Station is one of the major metros that connects Delhi to other parts of Delhi and Gurgaon. The metro line has a total of nine lines which are connected to different parts of the cities. The first line inaugurated by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) was the red line launched in the year 2002. Check out the existing line and proposed metro line in the section below.
|Delhi Metro Line
|Origin and End Point
|24th November 2002
|Shaheed Sthal – Rithala
|Samaypur Badli – HUDA City Centre
|Dwarka Sector 21 – Noida Electronic City
|7th January 2010
|Yamuna Bank – Vaishali
|3rd April 2010
|Inderlok – Brigadier Hoshiyar Singh
|27th August 2011
|Ashok Park Main – Kirti Nagar
|Kashmere Gate – Raja Nahar Singh
|23rd February 2011
|Dwarka Sector 21 – New Delhi Railway Station
|14th March 2018
|Majlis Park – Shiv Vihar
|24th December 2017
|Botanical Garden – Janakpuri West
|4th October 2019
|Dwarka – Najafgarh
Delhi Metro Stations Nearby Attractions
Delhi Metro Station is near a lot of attractions which makes it perfect for tourists who have visited the city for the first time. Check the major attractions along with major metro stations and total distance.
|Agrasen Ki Baoli
|Dilli Haat Pitampura
|Dwarka Sector 21
|Fun N Food Village
|Garden of Five Senses
|Hauz Khas Social
|National Gallery of Modern Art
|Lok Kalyan Marg
|National Rail Museum
|Supreme Court (Pragati Maidan)
|National Science Center
|Lok Kalyan Marg
|Select City Walk
|Metros in India
|Namma Metro (Bangalore)
Delhi Metro Stations FAQs
- What is the timing of the Delhi Metro Station?
Ans. Delhi Metro Station is operational from 05.30 am to 11.30 pm.
- How many stations are there in Delhi Metro Station?
Ans. Presently, 285 sub-stations are there in Delhi Metro Station.
- What is the minimum fare of Delhi Metro Station?
Ans. The minimum fare for Delhi Metro Station is Rs 10 and the maximum fare is Rs 50.
- What are the key attractions near Delhi Metro Station?
Ans. Akshardham Temple, Qutub Minar, India Gate, Lotus Temple and Connaught Place are the key attractions near Delhi Metro Station
- Who owns the Delhi Metro Station?
Ans. Delhi Metro owns the Delhi Metro Station.